Followers

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Matthew 7:3

"Why do you see the speck that is in your brothers eye, but do not notice the log that is in your eye?"


Some of y'all do not understand things unless a bible verse is thrown at ya. Hey the things I am about to say pertain to my ass too. I am not throwing a rock and hiding my hands. We all need to do better. Social media is spiraling out of control and reminds me of being bullied on the playground. A group of people that never met me and knew nothing about me decided I could not be liked and decided to make my life a living hell. In order to have peace I first had to go to war and then we became friends. That was stupid then and we were kids so imagine what I feel bout it now as an adult...


I did not watch the parade video and I care not to because I have not danced nor did my daughter so my opinion has no merit because I do not know whats normal in that world and what's excessive. I have met a few of these directors and I commend them for spending countless thankless hours with kids in our community. I do know that a lot of these directors are an inbox, phone call, or email away from us. A lot of us also know the parents and a lot of the young ladies that were involved and guess what...we failed them. A lot of people jumped on the bashing bandwagon that helped boost the negativity on a thousand and caused some people to feel comfortable in referencing these young women as whores and sluts. Y'all feel better now? Is this what the plan was...

You may not think your comment led to that but think about it. Once one person says what you are thinking, you feel free to voice your opinion and then it becomes a snowball effect. I know because I am the queen of blurting my opinion but I do not play about kids. Kids are innocent and their choices are made for them so when it comes to them, I tread lightly. What happens in these children's lives now has potential to shape their entire life. So how you think this fiasco turned out for them?











I will end this with words from my partner in crime Leigh bka LitLeigh:

"Instead of berating and shaming these children that unfortunately have to go to school with your children who no doubt repeat what they hear/see, why don't you contact the program directors/coordinators of the organization(s) that concerned you? Have an effing conversation with the people that have the authority to change what you're seeing. Speak and be heard as well as listen and work together. Obviously, so many more of you could have put together a better and dare I say a more "decent" parade. Sign up! Join a committee! Lend a hand! Volunteer! All this grandstanding with no action is exhausting & we'll be right here again next year. #NoneGiven"

2 comments: