Followers

Saturday, August 19, 2017

What Church You Belong To?

What Church You Belong To?


Man listen! This question annoys me.

I used to lie just to keep the sad look out of old people's eyes. I stopped lying to take the sadness out of my own eyes. Does it really matter though? Does my not going to church stop you from anything? Does your salvation depend on mine? In the south why is this even a greeting?

Nice to meet you. What church you belong to? *record scratch and a long pause*
I attend bedside Baptist where Sealy Posturepedic is my pastor ...*crickets*

Judge me if you want but that's on you because I am at peace with my decision. I do things for joy and not for show and right now being at home on Sundays brings me joy. I am pretty sure plenty have went into prayer for my heathen ass because surely I can not be a decent person if I don't sit in a pew every week...

No comments:

Post a Comment