Followers

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Respect the West

Respect the West 











Earlier this year I moved back to the west side of Tuscaloosa and there are a few things I have noticed...

1. The majority of you whiners do not even live on the West side.

2. Customer service sucks at the stores on the West side.

3. The nicest people live on the West.

I will address each of these..

1. All these rants about what needs to happen to the West but you assholes will not open a business over here nor shop over here or attend a council meeting. Y'all will not come over here for nothing but church yet sit somewhere and complain about everything on the West side. PLEASE. STOP. IT. If you are not going to be active and help make change or attend meetings to voice your opinion then PLEASE. STOP. IT. We are sick of you. Every time something is proposed to be brought to the West, its opposed but y'all want things to be brought over here. How that work Sway?! How? Any time I have reached out to my council woman, she has either answered my question or put me in touch with the person that can answer my question. You have heard that its easier to catch bees with honey right? Show up to council meetings, email, or call with your concerns but these asinine social media posts...PLEASE. STOP. IT.











2. Now I done told these folks to shop over here, business owners you are going to have to do your part with your employees. I do not appreciate the eye rolls, heavy breathing, or lack of eye contact from your employees. When training new hires, please stress customer service just as much as you do how to do the job at hand. I feel like I am bothering someone to spend my money and I will not continue to do that. Now if you want these coins, I'ma need you to do a little better. I do not want my items rung up while the cashier is scratching their head while talking to their coworker about how turnt she was the night before. Ion wanna hear about that...at all.  Please encourage good customer service because we deserve it on the West too. West Side Diner and Beauty and Beyond has the best customer service on the West and I do not mind spending money with either of them. Now I will not name the ones I have gotten bad service from because I have sent emails and I am expecting a turn around any day now. I did not go to Facebook and complain, I looked up the company information and sent personal emails. You see what I did there?












3. Customer service sucks but my fellow Westonians are the bomb! I get doors opened for me, I get smiles and salutations, and kids are mannerable. When I go to the store, I know I will have a conversation with at least one stranger. If someone asks how you doing, they will pause for a reply. I love it!













I grew up on this side of town and have played in these streets so I have a special place in my heart for this area and what you're not gone do is talk about us like we are barbarians and dirt poor. If you are so worried about the West, then come on over here and help right some wrongs instead of typing about it. Put those hands to work towards something positive. Checkers wants to add a franchise on the West and y'all trying your best to not let that happen. People bringing up 2 people being killed walking across Stillman Boulevard as a reason for Checkers not to be built. That happened in the 70's and it was not even Stillman Boulevard then, it was 9th street. "Fuck the people that may have an opportunity to work there because it is in walking distance" and "fuck any future businesses that's waiting on someone to build over here so they can follow". Fuck progress, I guess. You keep screaming nothing is being done on the West but when something is being done it's never enough or not what you wanted. The city got a grant to offer free WIFI and all I saw was people complaining about their tax dollars and how the government was going to be watching us. But your tax dollars being wasted on security details on a wife that did not want to move to the white house but y'all cool with that huh.. Plus most people that were talking about tax dollars did not even live in the city limits anyway. Get somewhere and take an eternal nap with that foolishness. And you conspiracy theorists, if the government wants you, they will get you. They do not have to look far because most of you tell on yourselves on social media anyway...











I just want us to do better and be better. Let's help our city and do whats best for the greater good and not just for ourselves. And never forget please Respect the West..


6 comments: